This course consists of 5 units of competency from the Certificate III in Rail Infrastructure qualification. These five units are a requirement for people who want to work as a Turnout Constructor – Concrete and/or Timber, as per the Rail Industry Worker – National Roles for Track and Civil.
This course is designed for Track Certifier/Examiners who want to further their career in rail construction.
Go-Train Industry Pty Ltd offers this 5 day program for skilled workers. It is a quick, yet comprehensive course designed for people who are employed in the rail industry and can complete on-the-job logbooks to record their progression in the required skills and knowledge.
The units delivered in this program are:
- TLIB3095 Check and repair points and crossings
- TLIS0001 Construct and assemble points and crossings
- TLIS0002 Install and maintain surface track and drainage
- TLIS0003 Install turnouts
- TLIS3026 Implement track maintenance and construction
To be accepted into the Turnout Construction course you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have evidence of holding the qualification: TLI27121 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure – Track Work or an equivalent qualification with equivalent units.
- You must hold the Track Certifier/Examiner National Role competencies
- TLIB3094 Check and repair track geometry
- TLIB3099 Examine track infrastructure
- TLIB3100 Visually inspect track infrastructure
- You must have access to a workplace and suitably qualified workplace mentor to complete on-the-job logbook requirements.
- You must be able to bring your own Personal Protective Equipment for the practical assessment.
By choosing to enrol in this course, you are indicating that:
- You agree to meet the entry requirements for this course;
- You accept the terms and conditions of enrolment, including our refund policy.
How much does the Turnout Construction course cost?
Please contact our office for current pricing.
How long does it take?
This course is conducted over five days from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm