This course consists of 7 units of competency from the Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure program. These seven units are a requirement for people who want to work as a National Rail Labourer, as per the Rail Industry Worker – National Roles for Track and Civil.
This course is designed for people who want to work toward a career in the following rail industry areas:
- Track work
- Track maintenance
- Track certifier and examiner
Go-Train Industry Pty Ltd offers this 2 day program for skilled workers. It is a quick, yet comprehensive course designed for people who are employed in the rail industry and can complete on-the-job logbooks to record their progression in the required skills and knowledge.
The units delivered in this program are:
- TLIB2092 Operate minor mechanical equipment
- TLIS2030 Carry out track ballasting
- TLIS2031 Install railway sleepers
- TLIS2034 Install and repair rail fastening systems
- TLIS2044 Carry out rail installation
- TLIS2121 Maintain rail joints
- TLIB2097 Install and maintain rail guards
To be accepted into the Track Maintainer course you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have evidence of completion of the following units from Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure:
- TLIF0020 Safely access the rail corridor (RISI/SARC)
- TLIF0025 Follow work health and safety procedures
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIB0012 Maintain and use hand tools
- TLID0020 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- TLIU2008 Apply environmental procedures to rail infrastructure
- TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communications
- TLIF2085 Apply track fundamentals
- You must has access to a workplace and suitably qualified workplace mentor to complete on-the-job logbook requirements.
- You must be able to bring your own Personal Protective Equipment for the practical assessment.
By choosing to enrol in this course, you are indicating that:
- You agree to meet the entry requirements for this course;
- You accept the terms and conditions of enrolment, including our refund policy.
How much does the Track Maintainer course cost?
Please contact our office for current pricing.
How long does it take?
This course is conducted over five days from 8.00 am to 3.30 pm