This is a general qualification for a person engaged in basic operations in
the rail infrastructure environment undertaking track protection activities.
This includes a range of tasks involving known routines and procedures, and
taking some responsibility for the quality of work outcomes.
The core units delivered are:
- TLIF0020 Safely access the rail corridor
- TLIF0008 Apply safety critical communications in the rail environment
- TLIF0025 Follow work health and safety procedures
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIG0003 Work effectively with others in a team
- TLID0020 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- TLIU2008 Apply environmental procedures to rail infrastructure
- TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communication
- TLIW0007 Operate under track protection rules
Following the core units you need to choose 4 specialist electives.
We currently offer the following specialist electives:
- TLIB2085 Apply track fundamentals
- TLIE0009 Carry out basic workplace calculations
- TLIF0027 Perform lookout duties
- TLIF2082 Perform handsignaller duties
- TLIF0023 Conduct track protection assessment
- TLIL3082 Implement absolute signal blocking
To complete your qualification, you must then choose 2 general electives.
Currently we offer the following general electives that you can choose from:
- TLIB0012 Maintain and use hand tools
- TLIE0002 Process workplace documentation
- TLIE2029 Conduct workplace information briefings
- TLIF2006 Apply accident-emergency procedures
- TLIF2097 Use audible track warning devices
- TLIK2010 Use info-technology devices in the workplace
- TLIW2037 Clip and secure points
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this course
at the time of publication.
How much does it cost?
Please contact us
How long does it take?
This course will take you 300 – 370 hours to complete including on the job