This course is designed to teach individuals knowledge of contemporary
diesel locomotive components features and braking systems. It is designed
for rail workers who want to progress toward a Certificate IV in Train
Driving – Freight, and forms Stage 2 of the Go Train Trainee Train Driver School.
The units delivered in this program are:
- TLIB3019 Test train braking system
- TLIB3075 Inspect and prepare a motive power unit
- TLIB0014 Carry out a train roll by inspection
- TLIB0017 Conduct a general train examination
- TLIB4081 Provision a motive power unit
- TLIC3027 Stable a motive power unit
- TLIB0018 Identify, diagnose and rectify minor faults on rail traffic
- TLIB3026 Prepare for train operation
- TLIB3018 Conduct a full train examination
- TLIC4074 Shunt, couple and uncouple rail vehicles
- TLIF0004 Work effectively in the rail environment
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this course
at the time of publication.
Why do this course?
This course forms Stage 2 of a Certificate IV in Train Driving. It can be done
on its own to extend your knowledge of the industry, or be completed
immediately after Stage 1.
What are the prerequisites?
You must have completed the following before beginning this course:
- NSW Systems of Safeworking certification or Stage 1 of Trainee Train
- TLIF0020 Safely Access the Rail Corridor or an equivalent unit
- Category One Medical
How much does it cost?
Please contact our office for current pricing.
How long does it take?
The theory training for this course is conducted over 10 days, then the practical
component runs over 5 days, from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm each day.
Following the formal training, participants must complete practical tasks within
the workplace, under the guidance of a mentor. This process may take up to
two years to complete.