This course is designed to teach individuals knowledge of contemporary diesel locomotive components features and braking systems.
The units delivered in this program are:
- TLIB3019 Test train braking system
- TLIB3026 Prepare for train operation
- TLIB3075 Inspect and prepare a motive power unit
- TLIB3118 Apply awareness of railway fundamentals
- TLIB4078 Carry out a train roll by inspection
- TLIB4079 Conduct a general brake examination
- TLIB4081 Provision a motive power unit
- TLIF2018 Operate firefighting equipment
- TLIC3027 Stable a motive power unit
- TLIC4074 Shunt, couple and uncouple rail vehicles
- TLIB4080 Identify, diagnose and rectify minor faults on motive power units and rolling stock
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this course at the time of publication.
Why do this course?
This course forms Stage 2 of a Certificate IV in Train Driving. It can be done on its own to extend your knowledge of the industry, or when done in succession with Stage 3 Practical Training, you can work toward the full qualification.
What are the prerequisites?
You must have completed the following before beginning this course:
- NSW Systems of Safeworking certification
- TLIF2080 Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Category One Medical
How much does it cost?
The course costs $2000 per person.
How long does it take?
This course is conducted over 10 days from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm each day and then a further on the job learning.